Discover Earth Day worksheets and learn about our Earth, reinforce math skills and have fun in your class this holiday! This collection is great for practicing various skills. With these hands-on activities, your child will learn about Earth Day, he will read and think how he can help the Earth, play fun games with flashcards and much more.
What your child will find here? First, I have to tell you that this set designed for early learners and include more hands-on activities, and less no prep worksheets. Yes, it will take a little time to set up, but will bring more benefits to your child. Second, these activities promote so many skills, but your little one will barely notice you are teaching him. All he will have is a fun time with you!
Now, let’s take a closer view. Primary, these activities improves cognitive development. These fundamental skills give your child the ability to reason, analyze and evaluate the information. As well it encourages imagination, provide vocabulary and produce more complex thoughts.
Next, your child will strengthen the fundamental math skills such as patterning, logic, memory, and analytical skills. He will enrich his vocabulary, practice letter recognition, and reading comprehension skills. Besides all of this, he will learn about the Earth and how he can help the Earth.
Earth Day Worksheets and Activities
Want to know the best part? Each activity available IN COLOR and B&W. Now it is your choice whether to print it in color or simply black and white.
Now, it is time for the detailed description.
Earth fun facts will be a great introduction. Read each card and discuss it with your child. If you are in a classroom let kids have a conversation on each topic. They will gain new information that will be helpful in some following activities.
- Earth Day Fun Facts – 8 facts to discuss.
- Earth Day – Picture Your Thoughts. Encourage your child to draw and write his thoughts about the Earth Day and how he can help the Earth.
- Earth Day Mini Book to practice reading skills. the book covers sight words: I, can, help, the. And include Earth day vocabulary (from flashcards listed below).
Learn new Earth day related words. Two types of flashcards available for you: with and without pictures. Introduce one or two words at a time. Place the flashcards on the wall for your child’s reference. Now, he can see and use these words in daily activities and discussions.
- Earth Day Flashcards cover words: recycle, windmill, water, Earth, tree, plant.
- Earth Day Flashcards cover words: leaves, sun, reuse, solar panel, flower, energy.
- Earth Day Flashcards include all the words above without pictures.
- Earth Day Bingo – use these flashcards to complete the game.
As your child learned new words it is a good time to reinforce his phonics skills. Using Earth day clip cards let your child finds the beginning sound and attaches the clothespin. Great practice to improve fine motor skill and auditory processing.
- Earth Day Clip Cards Set 1 (words: recycle, windmill, water, Earth, tree, plant).
- Earth Day Clip Cards Set 2 (words: leaves, sun, reuse, solar panel, flower, energy).
Does your child know all the alphabet letters? If, yes let him create a path from A to Z. On his way, he will find obstacles he needs to go over to continue his way.
Practice patterning skills. For this activity, you will need scissors and glue.
More activities to promote logic skills.
- Earth Day Wheel – matching shadow game. Your child will find the shadow of each Earth Day element. You can glue cards to the clothespins or simply let your child sort it.
- Memory Game – simply print out two copies of the page to have a full pack of cards.